Renew a Motor Vehicle Registration
- carry the signed off registration, bill of sale and proof of valid insurance for the purchased vehicle with you, so these documents maybe presented to Police if required.
- if you have a valid license plate in your name attach it to the vehicle until such time the vehicle transfer has been completed.
You can use this online service to renew registration for the following types of vehicles:
- passenger cars or taxi cab
- ambulances and hearses
- light trucks under 4100 kgs
- motorcycles and mopeds
- motor homes
- utility trailers under 450 kgs
What do I need to renew my registration online?
To renew your vehicle registration online you will need the following:
- current vehicle registration papers;
- valid pink liability insurance card (if required);
What is the fee?
The annual renewal fee is $100 for a private passenger vehicle, taxi cab or truck (less than 4100 kg). See fees for other vehicles.
How long will it take to process my registration?
Allow at least 15 business days for your registration and sticker to reach you by mail. A new licence plate may also be sent to you, if required. Until then, print and keep the receipt of payment in your vehicle. Once your online payment is complete, your motor vehicle registration will be updated in real time and immediately available to police authorities.
If you do not receive your new registration and sticker after 15 business days, contact any Access PEI office.
Add a Reminder
Click the “Add a reminder” button to request a notification when it’s time to renew your motor vehicle registration or driver license. An automated message will be sent to the email address you provide on the date you select.