Intergovernmental Affairs Secretariat
Le contenu suivant est seulement disponible en anglais.
Intergovernmental Affairs works to ensure that the Province's interests are represented in international, national and regional discussions. This involves:
- Providing advice to the Premier and Ministers on international, federal-provincial, inter-provincial, and regional relations ;
- Supporting various intergovernmental forums including First Ministers Meetings, Canada’s Premiers, the Council of Atlantic Premiers and the New-England Governors and Eastern Canadian Premiers Conference;
- Advancing and promoting the province's interests in international, national and regional discussions, initiatives and agreements;
- Conducting research and developing policy on regional, pan-Canadian and international issues;
- Consulting with other provincial departments and agencies, and other jurisdictions, to facilitate coordinated positions and responses on intergovernmental issues and to ensure the implementation of priority action areas identified by Premiers;
- Promoting international relations by working closely with trade, investment and education officials and international contacts to pursue opportunities in key markets, develop and coordinate missions, and prepare policy briefs in advance of international visitors;
- Providing coordination and support to special projects; and
- Monitoring and analyzing intergovernmental policies, announcements, positions and trends, giving consideration to the impact in the Province, particularly in areas such as fiscal arrangements, social policy and economic development.
Learn more about Canada's Premiers: Council of the Federation
Date de publication :
le 16 Mars 2018