Domestic and Non-Domestic Pesticide Vendor Business Licence

Le contenu suivant est seulement disponible en anglais.

Companies that sell pesticides must have a pesticide vendor business licence. Two types of licences are available, depending on the class of pesticide sold:

  • Domestic vendor business licence is required if the store sells or supplies a controlled purchase domestic pesticide (i.e. those that need to be kept behind the sales counter or inside a locked cabinet). 
  • Non-domestic vendor business licence is required if the store sells commercial, restricted or manufacturing class pesticides. 

What are the requirements?

To obtain a Domestic or Non-Domestic Vendor Business Licence, your business must:

Domestic Vendor

  • employ at least one person with a domestic pesticide vendor certificate;  
  • provide an estimate of the maximum size of all indoor and outdoor display areas and storage facilities for controlled purchase domestic pesticides; and
  • submit a completed Domestic Pesticide Vendor Business Licence Application Form.

Non-Domestic Vendor

Are there training manuals available?

Yes, the following training manuals are available for download. Printed copies are also available for a fee from the Department.

What are the fees?

Fees range from $100 - $500 for domestic vendors. There is no HST. The fee is based on the size of the display and storage areas.

Fees range from $100 - $2,500 for non-domestic vendors. There is no HST. The fee is based on annual sales. 

Payments may be made by cash, cheque or credit card. Make cheques payable to the Minister of Finance.

When does the licence expire?

These licences expire on the last day of February of the year after it was issued or once the business no longer employs someone with a valid domestic or non-domestic pesticide vendor certificate.

Who can I contact for more information?

Thane Clarke (Pesticide Management Program Specialist)
Communities, Land and Environment
Jones Building, 4th Floor
11 Kent Street
Charlottetown, PEI C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-5599
Fax: (902) 368-5830

Date de publication : 
le 26 Février 2021
Environnement, Énergie et Action climatique

Renseignements généraux

Ministère de l'Environnement, Énergie et Action climatique 
Immeuble Jones, 4e étage
11, rue Kent
C.P. 2000
Charlottetown (Î.-P.-É.) C1A 7N8

Téléphone : 902-368-5044
Sans frais : 1-866-368-5044
Télécopieur : 902-368-5830
Signaler une Préoccupation Environnementale