Domestic and Non-Domestic Pesticide Vendor Business Licence
Companies that sell pesticides must have a pesticide vendor business licence. Two types of licences are available, depending on the class of pesticide sold:
- Domestic vendor business licence is required if the store sells or supplies a controlled purchase domestic pesticide (i.e. those that need to be kept behind the sales counter or inside a locked cabinet).
- Non-domestic vendor business licence is required if the store sells commercial, restricted or manufacturing class pesticides.
What are the requirements?
To obtain a Domestic or Non-Domestic Vendor Business Licence, your business must:
- employ at least one person with a domestic pesticide vendor certificate;
- provide an estimate of the maximum size of all indoor and outdoor display areas and storage facilities for controlled purchase domestic pesticides; and
- submit a completed Domestic Pesticide Vendor Business Licence Application Form.
- employ at least one person with a non-domestic pesticide vendor certificate;
- own or use a Phase III storage facility;
- provide sales data for the previous calendar year; and
- submit a completed Non-Domestic Pesticide Vendor Business Licence Application Form.
Are there training manuals available?
Yes, the following training manuals are available for download. Printed copies are also available for a fee from the Department.
What are the fees?
Fees range from $100 - $500 for domestic vendors. There is no HST. The fee is based on the size of the display and storage areas.
Fees range from $100 - $2,500 for non-domestic vendors. There is no HST. The fee is based on annual sales.
Payments may be made by cash, cheque or credit card. Make cheques payable to the Minister of Finance.
When does the licence expire?
These licences expire on the last day of February of the year after it was issued or once the business no longer employs someone with a valid domestic or non-domestic pesticide vendor certificate.
Who can I contact for more information?
Thane Clarke (Pesticide Management Program Specialist)
Communities, Land and Environment
Jones Building, 4th Floor
11 Kent Street
Charlottetown, PEI C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-5599
Fax: (902) 368-5830