Special Event Sign

Le contenu suivant est seulement disponible en anglais.

Festivals and events require approval to allow for temporary special event signs on Island highways. 

  • All signs within view of an Island highway are controlled by the Highway Signage Act.
  • All special event signs require permits.
  • A special event sign is used during a specific festival or event.
  • Applicants are responsible for providing their own sign(s).
  • These signs are for directional purposes only and are to be placed immediately before an event and removed immediately after.

What does the sign look like?  

  • Signs are 61 cm (2 feet) by 61 cm (2 feet).
  • The event name and an arrow should be on each special event sign.

What is the cost of having a sign?

  • $10 plus HST for a set of signs for each event.
  • Each permit covers a maximum of six signs for the event.

How do I apply for a sign?

Fill out the application for special event sign and submit it along with a drawing of your sign.

Additional information

  • The sign can only be within 15 km of the event.
  • The maximum number of signs per event is six.
  • Payment, including HST, must accompany the application.
  • Please note that signs cannot be attached to utility poles or trees and cannot be located in any way that endangers the safety of the travelling public.           

Who do I contact for more Information?

Steve Haslam
Regulatory Compliance Coordinator
50 Cannon Dr., Summerside, PE C0B 2A0

Telephone: 902-438-4039
Fax: 902-888-8291
Email: slhaslam@gov.pe.ca

Date de publication : 
le 28 Avril 2023
Transports et Infrastructure

Renseignements généraux

Ministère des Transports et de l’Infrastructure
Immeuble Jones, 3e étage
11, rue Kent
C.P. 2000
Charlottetown (Î.-P.-É.) C1A 7N8

Téléphone : 902-368-5100
Télécopieur : 902-368-5395

Accès Î.-P.-É. / Bureau central de la sécurité routière

33, promenade Riverside
Charlottetown (Î.-P.-É.)
Téléphone : 902-368-5200

Questions relatives à l’état des routes : roads@gov.pe.ca

Autres questions liées aux Transports et à l’Infrastructure : DeptTIE@gov.pe.ca

Signaler des problèmes liés aux transports