Council of the Federation Youth Internship
Each year, the Council of the Federation Secretariat accepts applications from across Canada for its youth internship program.
What is the purpose of the youth internship program?
The Youth Internship Program is aimed at encouraging young Canadians to more actively participate in public policy development, public service, government and political life. It provides young people with hands-on work experience and an opportunity to improve their understanding of how intergovernmental relations operate in the Canadian federation.
This paid internship is for a period of 14 months beginning in May 2023.
Every year we accept applications from across Canada to participate in the program. Interns:
- Are paid a $50,000 annual salary –and relocation expenses up to a maximum of $3,000
- Gain a better understanding of the Canadian federation
- Improve their ability to capture and debrief policy discussions
- Travel to different parts of Canada to assist with planning and organizing meetings of Premiers and senior officials
- Develop skills across different domains –including social media and communications
- Relocate to Ottawa or Gatineau for the duration of the internship and work steps away from Parliament Hill!
Who is eligible to apply?
To apply, you must be:
- 25 or younger?
- A graduate from a recognized university?
- Able to communicate in both English and French?
- Legally able to work in Canada?
- Interested in Canadian politics and federalism?
If you answered yes to all, you are eligible to apply to the COUNCIL OF THE FEDERATION YOUTH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM.
What is the deadline?
The application deadline is February 23, 2023.