Approved Food Safety Training Programs
The PEI Department of Health & Wellness recognizes certain food safety training programs as equivalent to the National Guidelines for Food Safety Training Programs in the Food Retail and Food Service Sectors.
The following food safety training programs have been deemed acceptable under Section 24(1) of the PEI Public Health Food Premises Regulations:
- SERVSAFE – Canada (online)
- SERVSAFE On‐line Version, Manager’s Level, Minimum 8 hours in length
- FOODSAFE LEVEL 1
- FOODSAFE LEVEL 2
- Restaurants Canada, National Food Safety Training Program
- Restaurants Canada, National Food Safety Training Program On-line Version
- Traincan BASICS.FST
- Traincan ADVANCED.FST
- Traincan BASICS.FST On-line Version
- Retail Council of Canada FoodWise Food Safety Program
- Safe Check Advanced Food Safety
- Safe Check Advanced Food Safety On-line Program
- Probe It Food Safety Inc. Online Program
- FoodSafetyTraining.ca Online Food Handler Certification Course
- FoodSafetyMarket.com, Managing Food Safety - online and classroom versions
This list will be updated periodically as other courses are added.
For more information refer to Food Safety Training.