Approved Food Safety Training Programs
The PEI Department of Health & Wellness recognizes certain food safety training programs as equivalent to the National Guidelines for Food Safety Training Programs in the Food Retail and Food Service Sectors.
The following food safety training programs have been deemed acceptable under Section 24(1) of the PEI Public Health Food Premises Regulations:
- SERVSAFE – Canada (online) www.servsafe.com
- Including webcam/online proctoring of the ServSafe Food Handler – Canada exam
- SERVSAFE On‐line Version, Manager’s Level, Minimum 8 hours in length
- FOODSAFE LEVEL 1
- FOODSAFE LEVEL 2
- Restaurants Canada, National Food Safety Training Program
- Restaurants Canada, National Food Safety Training Program On-line Version http://www.nfstp.ca/
- Traincan BASICS.FST
- Traincan ADVANCED.FST
- Traincan BASICS.FST On-line Version www.traincan.com
- Retail Council of Canada FoodWise Food Safety Program https://www.retailcouncil.org/grocery/foodwise-food-safety-program
- Safe Check Advanced Food Safety
- Safe Check Advanced Food Safety On-line Program https://safecheck1.com/training/safechecktm-advanced-food-safety-76.html
- Probe It Food Safety Inc. Online Program www.probeit.ca
- FoodSafetyTraining.ca Online Food Handler Certification Course https://www.foodsafetytraining.ca/
- FoodSafetyMarket.com, Managing Food Safety - online (https://campus.foodsafetymarket.com/) and classroom versions
- Canadian Institute of Food Safety, Online Food Handler Certification Courses:
- KnowledgeWare Food Safety for Food Handlers - Online Training Course https://www.kccsoft.com/product/food-safety-food-handlers/
This list will be updated periodically as other courses are added.
For more information refer to Food Safety Training.