What is the Wellness Grant Program?
The Wellness Grant Program provides funding to support initiatives and projects guided by principles and strategies of health promotion in the following priority areas of the PEI Wellness Strategy (997 Kb):
- Physical Activity and Reduction in Sedentary Behaviour
- Living Tobacco Free
- Healthy Eating
- Consuming Alcohol Responsibly
- Mental Health Promotion
Who can apply?
Organizations with a registered charity number, business number, and/or incorporated number, Mi’kmaq First Nations, and other Indigenous organizations, in PEI, are eligible for funding.
Proposed projects must align with wellness program funding priorities and meet eligibility requirements outlined in the Wellness Grant Program description.
What does the application process look like?
- Organizations and groups who have an innovative project or idea should submit an application.
- A Budget Forecast and two (2) Letters of Engagement from partners involved in your project must be included with the application form. (Download a Word version of the application form)
- Applications will be screened by the Chief Public Health Office and reviewed by an adjudication committee.
- The adjudication committee will provide substantive feedback to applicants, where required.
- Applicants will be asked to make revisions to identified areas of the project proposal, as needed. At the discretion of the review committee, project budgets may be altered and approved funding may differ from the proposed amount.
- Proposals will undergo a final review of any revisions made to the project proposal. Successful applicants will then be awarded funding.
What type of funding is available?
Projects are eligible to receive up to $5,000.
What is the deadline for submission?
The deadline is July 6, 2018 at 4:00 pm.
How do I submit my application?
All applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Who can I contact for details on the Wellness Grant Program?
Laura Lee Noonan
Manager of Health Promotion Chief Public Health Office
2nd Floor Sullivan Building, 16 Fitzroy Street
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 620-3517
Fax: (902) 368-3354