What is the Wellness Grant Program?
The Wellness Grant Program provides funding to support initiatives and projects guided by principles and strategies of health promotion in the following priority areas of the PEI Wellness Strategy (997 Kb):
- Physical Activity and Reduction in Sedentary Behaviour
- Living Tobacco Free
- Healthy Eating
- Consuming Alcohol Responsibly
- Mental Health Promotion
What is a Statement of Intent (SOI)?
The purpose of a Statement of Intent (SOI) is to identify projects that have potential for submission of a proposal.
Who can apply?
Non-profit organizations, community-based coalitions, networks, municipal governments, band/tribal councils and other Aboriginal organizations, in PEI, are eligible for funding. Proposed projects must align with wellness program funding priorities and meet eligibility requirements.
What does the application process look like?
- Organizations and groups who have an innovative project or idea should submit a Statement of Intent, as application.
- A Budget Forecast and two (2) Letters of Engagement from partners involved in your project must be included with the application.
- Applications will be screened by the Chief Public Health Office and reviewed by a committee.
- Projects that best fit the overall goals and priorities will be contacted by Health Promotion staff. Staff will assist project leads in further developing the project, facilitating partnerships, and preparing a final proposal for funding consideration.
- Proposals will undergo a final review process of outcomes, deliverables and budget and successful applicants will be awarded funding.
What type of funding is available?
Projects are eligible to receive up to $10,000.
What is the deadline for submission?
The deadline is June 30, 2017 at 4:00 pm.
How do I submit my application?
All applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Who can I contact for details on the Wellness Grant Program?
Laura Lee Noonan
Manager of Health Promotion Chief Public Health Office
2nd Floor Sullivan Building, 16 Fitzroy Street
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 620-3517
Fax: (902) 368-3354