Environmental / Public Health
The basic goal of this program is to protect the public health of all Islanders and visitors. Legislative authority for this program falls under the Public Health Act or associated regulations (scroll to Public Health Act and Regulations to display full list of regulations).
Nature of the activities:
- are complaint or inquiry generated.
- cover a range of issues (such as sewage, garbage, rodents, bio-terrorism, or other)
- may impact the health of citizens (such as emergency measures).
- may involve the Department of Communities, Land and Environment (See "Getting Your Water Tested") if water testing is required from the PEI Analytical Laboratories (where you click on "Water Analysis" on the main page, or "Getting Your Water Tested" on "Additional Links").
- may involve other departments, such as, Agriculture and Fisheries, Economic Development and Tourism, Family and Human Services, and Justice and Public Safety.
- given the broad scope covered by "environment" it is important to understand the issue in order to make contact with the appropriate government department.
Who can I contact to report an environmental / public health concern?
Telephone: (902) 368-4970
Toll Free: 1(800) 958-6400
Fax: (902) 368-6468