PEI Broadband Fund for Residents TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting your application, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions for the PEI Broadband Fund for Residents (the “Fund"). These Terms and Conditions, the Application, the Quote and/or Invoice, and the PEI Broadband Fund for Residents Guidelines constitute the entire Agreement between the parties.
The Fund is subject to Innovation PEI’s acceptance of Eligible Project Costs for an Internet Service Provider (ISP) to complete work that will allow a resident to receive or improve internet service to a primary residence.
Approved applications will receive financial assistance up to 100 per cent of Eligible Project Costs, to a maximum value of $5,000.
Where the cost is more than $500, applications must be submitted and receive approval from Innovation PEI prior to the start of work on the project; any expenses incurred before the submission and approval of an application are ineligible.
Where the cost is $500 or less, applications may be submitted after completion of the project.
“Applicant” means the permanent full-time PEI resident of the civic address identified on the application form.
“Fund” means the financial assistance approved by Innovation PEI for PEI Broadband Fund for Residents.
“Project” means the specified project-related activities, work, or undertaking presented in the application (the “Application”).
“Quote” means a document provided by the vendor detailing the statement of work and the agreed fixed price for the Project;
“Vendor” means the company identified as the supplier of service for the Project, evidenced in the application;
“Eligible Project Costs” means those reasonable and proper costs of the Project which have been accepted by Innovation PEI, and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, excluding the following items:
- HST or any other federal or provincial tax which may be eligible to be fully or partially refunded;
- Previous recipients of the PEI Broadband Residential Pilot who received the maximum contribution;
- Costs incurred before April 1, 2021;
- Costs incurred prior to application, if the cost is more than $500;
- Running of fiber/cable under 300 feet to a residence;
- Standard costs for a new customer premises connection, including connection fee, Wi-Fi router/router, or modem;
- Leased equipment for a new service or enhanced service;
- Costs related to boosting of an internet signal to other dwellings at a civic address and/or to a neighboring civic address;
- Maintenance or removal of equipment or infrastructure;
- Any portion of the cost of an asset that, in the opinion of Innovation PEI, exceeds the fair market value of the asset;
- Work related to providing internet service at a non-primary residence or non-residential location; and
- Other items deemed not reasonably related to improving internet speed to the residence.
Payment will be based on actual Eligible Project Costs as evidenced at the time of application, but in no event will payment exceed the maximum financial assistance amount. Applicant will identity desired payment option: a) direct payment to the applicant’s bank account using direct deposit, or b) direct payment to the Vendor using direct deposit provided that:
- The Applicant confirms the Project is completed and submits the claim for payment;
- The Applicant indicates the completed work improved internet speed;
- The Applicant provides complete and accurate banking information; and
- If Applicant paid the Vendor’s invoice, the Applicant attests that costs have been incurred and paid by submitting the invoice and proof of payment.
3.0 ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS
In addition to the foregoing, the Applicant agrees to the following conditions:
- Eligible Project Costs must be for purchases made effective April 1, 2021. Innovation PEI may decline to contribute to any costs incurred prior to April 1, 2021 and may decline to contribute to any costs not identified in the application. Applications received for projects occurring during the retroactive period (April 1, 2021, to October 14, 2021) may be eligible, subject to meeting eligibility criteria as outlined for the PEI Broadband Fund for Residents.
- To complete the Project and submit a request for payment not later than six months after the ISP invoice date. If a request for payment is not received by Innovation PEI within six months of the ISP invoice date, the Applicant will be deemed to have declined the Fund and will have no future claim to payment from the Fund.
- The Applicant may make one (1) application to the Fund, to a maximum of $5,000 toward service at a primary residence.
- The Applicant consents to have Innovation PEI make any inquiries of such persons, firms, or corporations as it deems necessary in order to reach a decision on this application.
- Release of information relating to the funding of this Project may be made under the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- No member of the Legislative Assembly shall be admitted to any part or share of this Agreement or to any benefits to arise there from.
- Should the Applicant fail to abide by any of the conditions under this Agreement, Innovation PEI may require that the Fund be repaid on demand and any unpaid amounts may be revoked.
- The Applicant will provide all information required by Innovation PEI to complete the assessment of this application and make payment.
- To permit any authorized representative of Innovation PEI reasonable access to the Applicant’s premises to confirm completion of the Project.
- The Applicant and Vendor are responsible to attain all necessary permits.
- Infrastructure agreed to between the ISP and applicant, excluding leased equipment, is the sole responsibility of the Applicant.
- The Applicant shall indemnify and save Innovation PEI harmless from all claims, demands, actions, and causes of action of third parties that may arise out of this Project.
4.0 OTHER ASSISTANCE
The Applicant may not receive non-repayable contribution(s) or funding from any other source for the Project. If the Applicant or Vendor accepts any non-repayable contribution(s) or funding from any other source for the Project, Innovation PEI’s approval of the Fund will be null and void.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the Province of Prince Edward Island and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, and no action or proceeding shall be brought to construe or enforce this Agreement except in those courts having jurisdiction in the Province of Prince Edward Island.
6.0 FREEDOM OF INFORMATION AND PROTECTION OF PRIVACY ACT
Information contained in and collected in relation to this Agreement is subject to, and will be treated in accordance with, the Prince Edward Island Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act R.S.P.E.I. 1988, Cap. F-15.01 (the "FOIPP Act"). Any information provided in respect of this Agreement may be subject to release under the FOIPP Act.
The amount of the Contribution may be disclosed at the discretion of Innovation PEI and in accordance with the FOIPP Act. For additional information contact Innovation PEI or see https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/justice-and-public-safety/foipp-frequently-asked-questions.