Tourism Website French Translation Support Program
Your tourism website may be eligible for provincial financial assistance to offset some of the costs of translating the website. The Tourism Website French Translation Support Program increases the web presence of tourism services available in French in PEI. The Fund is used to translate existing websites into French or English. You may receive a maximum contribution of $750.
What do I need to apply for the Tourism Website French Translation Support Program?
You must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Operators will identify whether they provide “bilingual services”, “some French services” or “no French services” as per the Visitor’s Guide.
- Funds will not be available to create new websites.
- Funds may also be used to translate French only tourism product websites into English. Operators will identify the level of English services provided “bilingual services”, “some English services” or “no English services”.
- Operators must contribute a minimum of 25% of the total translation costs. Operators must be active in the tourism industry. They must be members in good standing of either the regional tourism association in their area and/or the Tourism Industry Association of PEI (TIAPEI).
- All accommodations must be licensed in good standing (inspected, water, occupancy and licensed fees paid).
- Translation must be contracted to an incorporated/registered company.
- A quote will be required from the company.
- Operators will be required to sign off on work completed to their satisfaction.Tourism PEI’s contribution will be paid directly to the company upon receipt of an operator’s work satisfaction form.
- Operators must clearly represent the level of French service on their websites so the visitor can make informed decisions, including at what times of the year these services are available and if correspondence in French is a service.
- Funds will be dispersed on a first come first served basis.
- Enhanced support is also available to regional tourism and tourism sectoral associations for the translation of regional or tourism sectoral or provincially strategic websites.
How do I apply?
Fill out the Tourism Website French Translation Support Program Form and submit it to the address below.
Manager of Operator Advancement and Regulatory Affairs
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE CIA 7N8