Internet Plan - Xplore
Xplore is upgrading and expanding the existing broadband network to reach underserved communities in Prince Edward Island. Xplore will provide fixed wireless coverage to 17,000 civic addresses across Prince Edward Island, offering download speeds up to 100 Mbps and upload speeds up to 10 Mbps. Xplore is also building a fibre-to-the-premise network that will reach over 3,000 civic addresses and offer gigabit download and upload speeds. More than 3,300 residents and businesses can already benefit from Xplore Fibre. All work related to these projects is expected to be complete by May 2024.
Xplore’s project includes the construction of 8 new macro towers in addition to upgrades to its existing fixed wireless tower sites. The construction of these 8 new towers is now complete and offering LTE service in the following areas:
Coverage by County
Fibre-to-the-premise services launched on PEI, connecting over 3,300 households and businesses to date. Out of the 683 km of fibre planned, 414 km have been installed. For information on service availability at your premise, enter your address at https://www.xplore.ca/fibre-lookup/
Two contractors are working on the design and build of the fibre project.
Fibre-to-the-premise coverage maps and schedule:
- Kings County North East; Schedule: Completed View
- Kings County North West; Schedule: May, 2024 View
- Kings County South; Schedule: Completed View
- Prince County East; Schedule: Completed View
- Prince County West; Schedule: Completed View
- Queens County East; Schedule: Completed View
- Queens County West; Schedule: Completed View