Request for Conciliation Officer

Labour and Industrial Relations provides conciliation services to employers, employees and unions through a single access point.  The authority for Conciliation Services is found in the Labour Act for instances where collective negotiations fail to achieve an agreement.  The Conciliation Service provides a Conciliation Officer who acts as a neutral mediator and offers assistance to the parties in resolving the impasse.

The fillable form to request conciliation is available at


Who can I contact for more information?

Hazel Walsh (Office Coordinator)
Sherwood Business Centre
161 St. Peters Road, 2nd Floor 
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE
C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-5550
Toll Free: 1-800-333-4362
Fax: (902) 368-5476

Published date: 
June 6, 2024
Workforce, Advanced Learning and Population

General Inquiries

Labour and Industrial Relations
161 St. Peters Road
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Phone: 902-368-5550
Toll-free: 1-800-333-4362
Fax: 902-368-5476