What is stray livestock?
and defines stray, or at large, as livestock that is
- not under the direct or continuous control of a person,
- not securely confined within a structure or a vehicle,
- not on the enclosed land of the owner, or
- not on enclosed land with the permission of the landowner;
What do I do if I see stray livestock?
Stray livestock should be reported to your local RCMP detachment for the safety of the animal(s) and the public. Contact numbers for the RCMP are found below.
|West Prince (Rosebank)||902-853-9300|
|East Prince (Summerside)||902-436-9300|
|Prince Edward Island Headquarters (L Division)(Charlottetown)||902-566-7112|
|Queens District (Maypoint Charlottetown)||902-368-9300|
What details should I provide?
- Description of the type and number of animals at large AND
- Detailed description of their location, including the nearest civic number if possible.