Experienced Registered Nurses - Nursing Recruitment Incentive Program
The PEI Nursing Recruitment Incentive Program provides incentives to experienced Registered Nurses to fill designated hard-to-recruit vacancies within Health PEI.
Who is eligible for the PEI Nursing Recruitment Incentive Program?
Registered Nurses who:
- graduated from a recognized Bachelor of Nursing program at least 12 months prior to the date of application to this program,
- are not current residents of Prince Edward Island;
- are legally entitled to work in Canada;
- have experience working as a Registered Nurse;
- are not employees of Health PEI nor the Province of Prince Edward Island, at the time of application; and
- are eligible for registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Prince Edward Island.
A one time financial incentive of $5000 is available.
Is there a return-in-service commitment?
Yes, there is a two-year return-in-service agreement that must be signed by the applicant and the employer prior to the commencement of work.
What hard-to-recruit vacancies exist?
These financial incentives only apply to positions designated by Health PEI as hard-to-recruit. Applicable postings are clearly identified at Nursing Job Opportunities.
You can apply for Registered Nurse Hard-to-Recruit positions online at Jobs PEI. You will need to complete these steps to submit an on-line application:
- Identify the competition number(s) for the position of interest;
- Create a Jobs PEI account using a valid email address and contact information;
- Apply for Health career opportunities by competition number using your Jobs PEI account.
Contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat of PEI for more information about employment opportunities and the Experienced Registered Nurse Recruitment Incentive program.