Register a Snowmobile and Other Off-Highway Motor Vehicles

Le contenu suivant est seulement disponible en anglais.

All snowmobiles on Prince Edward Island must be registered annually. A snowmobile registration expires on November 30 of each year.

The registration for all other Off-Highway Motor Vehicles (ATVs, Dirt Bikes, etc.) remains good and valid until the vehicle is sold or transferred to a new owner.

You cannot operate an off-highway vehicle or permit any other person to operate the vehicle without a certificate of registration. If you are driving an off-highway vehicle and you are stopped by a peace officer, you must produce your registration permit, if requested.

Please note, to cross any road or highway on an off-highway vehicle or operate an off-highway vehicle in the ditch of a road or highway, you must have a valid driver's license.

Driving an off-highway vehicle on the shoulder of a road is not permitted.

Prince Edward Island Snowmobile Association


For more information on the rules and regulations for all off-highway vehicles, read the Off-Highway Vehicle Act and Off-Highway Vehicle Act General Regulations.

Date de publication : 
le 11 Janvier 2018
Transports, Infrastructure et Énergie

Renseignements généraux

Ministère des Transports, de l’Infrastructure et de l’Énergie
Immeuble Jones, 3e étage
11, rue Kent
C.P. 2000
Charlottetown (Î.-P.-É.) C1A 7N8

Téléphone : 902-368-5100
Télécopieur : 902-368-5395

Report Transportation Problems