Youth and Family Addiction Services
Youth and Family Addiction Services are provided across Prince Edward Island by youth addiction and family addiction counsellors. If you are a young person whose use of alcohol or drugs is causing you or your family concern, Youth and Family Addiction Services can help.
- one-on-one counselling;
- group counselling and education; and
Who can get help?
Treatment and support is available to youth and their families or caregivers.
What other programs are available?
There are a number of programs available to you and your family if you are impacted by addiction. Through participation in one-on-one counseling and group education sessions, participants will come to better understand addiction and begin to recover from the impact it has on them.
- CAST Program: The Coping and Support Training (CAST) Program is an evidence-based program that helps at-risk youth with substance misuse, mental well-being, and school performance.
- Strength Program: Offered for 16 weeks (residential and day treatment) to youth and families who are dealing with substance misuse and mental health issues. This program is for youth who require more intensive treatment.
- Community Reinforcement and Family /Parent Training (CRAFT): Offered in both group and individual sessions, CRAFT is an evidence-based program for teaching families, parents, and concerned significant others to support getting their loved ones into treatment.
- Seniors Support Group “Friends Supporting Friends”: Offers bi-weekly group support and education to seniors who are impacted by a family members’ addiction.
What is the cost?
There is no registration cost or fee.
How can I access the service?
Contact a Community Addiction Services office in your area.