Make a Student Well-being Team Referral
Student Well-being Teams provide school-based services to children and youth with mental, social or physical health issues. A student in any PEI school can be referred to these services through the online form below. For more information visit Student Well-Being Teams.
What information do I need to provide to complete the referral request?
The purpose of this form is to ensure a student gets access to the professional services appropriate to their needs as soon as possible. Background information about the student’s personal situation and health history will help the team determine the best approach for support.
You will be asked to provide your name and contact details and indicate your relationship with the student. In addition, you will be asked to provide the student’s name, contact and school/grade information, as well as any personal information that can help support the student in working with the Team such as:
- Date of birth
- PEI Health Card number
- Home/family circumstances
- Reason(s) why you feel a referral is necessary
- Health and support services the student is already receiving or has received.
When will I hear back from someone?
Within 7-10 business days.
Which Student Well-being Team will my referral request go to?
Your request will be directed to the Student Well-being Team that provides services to the student's school. Each team provides services to a family or families of schools. To confirm which Student Well-being Team serves the student's school, visit the team web pages:
- Bluefield Family of Schools
- Charlottetown Rural Family of Schools
- Colonel Gray Family of Schools
- Kensington-Kinkora Families of Schools
- Montague Family of Schools
- Morell and Souris Families of Schools
- Three Oaks Family of Schools
- Westisle Family of Schools
Can I withdraw from the program or limit my consent at any time?
You may withdraw from the program or limit your consent at any time by contacting the Student Well-being Team.