Apply for a Civic Address

Le contenu suivant est seulement disponible en anglais.

If you require a civic address but not a building permit, you can fill out the on-line form below to obtain your civic address. 

The 911 Administration Office also maintains the provincial civic addressing database which is very important for the operation of the 911 service. 

Do I need a civic address?

Yes. Not only is it required by law, but it is extremely important to display your civic number so that emergency responders can easily see it, day or night.

How do I obtain a civic address for a new construction? 

If you have a building permit issued by the Province, you will need to complete the online form. Contact the the 911 Administration office at (902) 894-0385 for more information.

If you don’t have a building permit, you must first apply for a building permit through the Department Housing, Land and Communities or your local municipality whichever applies. You can get an application at any Access PEI site or your local municipal office.

Where do I get a new or replacement civic address sign?

Your sign must adhere to the provincial civic address sign specifications. Most sign shops in PEI are able to make the number signs according to the specifications, so you may go to the sign shop of your choice. Learn more about civic address signs and how your sign must be installed on your property.

Who should complete this form?

If you need a civic address for your property and it is not located in one of the municipalities, then you should complete the on-line form. Contact the the 911 Administration office at (902) 894-0385 for more information. 

If your property is located in one of the following municipalities then you must contact your local municipal office for information on how to get a civic address :Town of Alberton, Town of Borden-Carleton, City of Charlottetown, Town of Cornwall, Town of Kensington, Rural Municipality of Kinkora, Rural Municipality of Miscouche, Town of O'Leary, Town of Souris, City of Summerside, Town of Stratford, Town of Three Rivers (Georgetown & Montague areas only), Town of Tignish, Rural Municipality of Victoria, Rural Municipality of  Wellington.

How much does my civic address cost?

The cost for a civic address is $50 +HST administration fee per address. If you are getting a civic address for a duplex (two addresses) you will pay $100+ HST and a triplex (three addresses) $150+HST.

What information do I need to fill out the on-line form?

To complete this form you need:

  • the driveway location. The exact location of your driveway determines your civic address assignment.
  • the Property Identification Number; for assistance with the Property ID, call Taxation and Property Records at (902) 368-4070
  • to provide payment of the $50 + HST administration fee per address requested
The administration fee does not include a 911 Civic Address Sign

How long will it take to complete this form?

If you have all of the information required, you can complete this form in 10 minutes.

Who can I contact for more information?

If you have any questions about civic addressing, please contact the 911 Administration OfficeOffice of Public Safety:

Telephone: (902) 894-0385
(Toll Free) 1-877-894-0385
E-mail :

Justice et de la Sécurité publique

Renseignements généraux

Sécurité publique
C.P. 911
Charlottetown (Î.-P.-É.) C1A 7L9

Téléphone : 902-894-0385
Sans Frais : 1-877-894-0385
Télécopieur : 902-368-6362

Suivez-nous sur X (anciennement Twitter)