All online services will be unavailable on Wednesday, October 27, 2021 between 9:00pm and 10:00pm for up to 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance.
Browse Public Archives Online Exhibits
Staff at the Public Archives regularly create exhibits on a variety of themes in Island history. You can view the current exhibit at the Public Archives or, in many cases, view the exhibit online.
What exhibits are available online?
Some of the exhibits available online include:
- Celebrating Old Home Week
- New Kid on the Block: The Public Archives Moves to Great George Street (Heritage Week 2020)
- Caps and Gowns: Graduation Photos at the Public Archives
- Let it Snow: Images of Our Island Winter (Heritage Week 2019)
- Images of Early Camping in Prince Edward Island
- Island Heritage Stands the Test of Time: Examples of Early Documentary Heritage at the Public Archives and Records Office (Heritage Week 2018)
- The Public Archives Celebrates Canada 150: A Look at the Charlottetown Camera Club 1967 Centennial Celebration
- Public Archives and Records Office submission to The Ties that Bind Canada: A Canada 150 Project of the National, Provincial, and Territorial Archivists’ Conference (NPTAC)
- Images of Historic Province House (Heritage Week 2017)
- Charlottetown Harbour Through the Years (Heritage Week 2016)
- Preserved by Letters: Fifty Years of the Public Archives and Records Office
- Celebrating 80 Years at the O'Leary Public Library (A Joint Project of the Public Library Service and Public Archives, November 2014)