Make a Request to Correct Personal Information

Le contenu suivant est seulement disponible en anglais.

Government collects personal information, usually through application forms for programs and services. If you believe a government department has inaccurate personal information about you, the FOIPP Act allows you to formally request a correction to this information.

For example, if you believe a government department has your age listed incorrectly, you may use this form to request that your age be corrected.

Correcting information through this process requires you to supply specific details about the information that needs to be corrected, and why. You will need to provide proof to support your claims.

Is there a fee for requesting a correction to personal information?

There is no fee to make a request to correct personal information.

Can I use this form to change my name or address?

You may ask a government department directly to make corrections to your personal information. For example, if you need to change your surname, address or phone number on identification documents (driver’s license, birth certificate) contact the department that issued the document for assistance.  You can submit a Request a Correction to Personal Health Information with Health PEI. 

What information do I need to provide?

You must provide proof of your identity and supporting documents as evidence the information is not correct.
If you are requesting a correction on behalf of someone else, you will be asked to provide proof that you have legal authority to act for the person (ie, guardianship or trusteeship order, power of attorney).

How long will it take to process my request?

The Act obligates government to respond to a request to correct personal information within 30 days. 

Justice et Sécurité publique

Renseignements généraux

Access and Privacy Services Office
1st Floor, Sullivan Building
16 Fitzroy Street
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Phone: 902-569-7590