Navigating health care can be difficult. A patient navigator is a person who can help you access health care services and supports, regardless of where you live in PEI or where you are on your health care journey.
Using a Health PEI patient navigator can improve the experience for patients and their families.
- work with health care providers and programs who can support you;
- help you find and access community resources;
- help coordinate health care services you require; and
- answer questions you have about the health care system.
Health PEI has a provincial health care patient navigator. Additionally, there are separate patient navigators for:
- mental health and addictions
Connect with the provincial patient navigator
- Call 1-844-882-3141 (toll-free) or
- Email email@example.com
Connect with other patient navigators
The cancer patient navigator
- Telephone: 902-894-2552 or 1-877-511-5177 (toll-free)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 1-844-871-0634 (toll-free)
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: (902) 218-3289
- Email: MHApatientnavigator@ihis.org
Do I need a referral for the provincial patient navigator?
No. Anyone can access the patient navigator with a question or a concern about how to navigate Health PEI services, including health services that are not offered in PEI and require out-of-province travel.
Who does the provincial patient navigator work with?
The patient navigator works directly with patients, their family and caregivers, health care providers and other individuals or organizations that provide patient services and supports in PEI.
Will the patient navigator provide treatment suggestions?
No. The patient navigator will not offer treatment suggestions. The role of the patient navigator is to ensure you connect with the right resources and information to help you.
Will the patient navigator adjust wait times for procedures or the patient registry?
No. The patient navigator cannot adjust wait times for procedures or the Patient Registry. The navigator can help guide you through the health care system to ensure you access the most appropriate service(s) for your health care needs.
How can I contact the Health PEI provincial patient navigator?
Telephone: (902) 620-3418 | 1-844-882-3141 (toll-free)
Fax: (902) 368-6136
Mail: PO Box 2000, Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
For urgent medical situations, please call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency department.