Celebrating Island Product with That’s Island Style
Six stores across the province are holding free tastings today featuring Island products, said Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries Alan McIsaac.
“As part of the That’s Island Style campaign that promotes our high quality Island food and drink products, Island stores will be holding free in-store tastings that will remind shoppers how delicious our local products taste,” said Minister McIsaac. “We hope these in-store tastings will encourage shoppers to buy local and support our local industries.”
Two different product tastings are being held at PEILCC locations today. The first featuring Island beef paired with PEI Brewing Company’s Victoria Park Ale and Rossignal’s Marechal Foch and the second featuring Island cheeses paired with the same Island drinks.
Island beef tastings:
- Oak Tree Liquor Store in partnership with Allen St. Sobey's – 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Stratford Liquor Store in partnership with Stratford Sobey's 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Summerside Granville St. Liquor Store in partnership with Summerside Granville St. Sobey's – 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- O'Leary Liquor Store in partnership with O'Leary Farmers Co-op 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- West Royalty Liquor Store in partnership with West Royalty Sobey’s – 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Island cheese tastings:
- Cornwall Liquor Store in partnership with Leary’s Independent Grocer – 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
“Island Style is a great opportunity to showcase the bounty of Canada's Food Island and we are pleased that our exceptional quality beef will be featured this weekend,” said President of Atlantic Beef Products Inc. Russ Mallard. “Atlantic Beef Products is proud to provide Prince Edward Island Certified Beef to Sobeys, our partner in bringing Great Food to Islanders."
Recipe cards featuring local products will be handed out at the in-store tastings, as well as a map of Island locations where the featured products originate.
That’s Island Style is a collaborative partnership between the provincial government, the PEI Liquor Control Commission (PEILCC) and Food Island Partnership.
To learn more about That’s Island Style and to access videos and recipes featuring Island products, visit That's Island Style.
Senior Communications Officer
Department of Communities, Land and Environment