Commercial Users of Pesticides

Individuals or companies that want to buy a non-domestic class pesticide, can do so with a Pesticide Applicator Certificate. If they don't have this certificate, they must have a Pesticide Purchase Permit. These permits are only issued to licensed pesticide application businesses, agricultural operators and golf course operators. 

Non-Domestic class pesticides can only be used by individuals or businesses that have a Pesticide Applicator Certificate. Certificates are specific to the type of pesticides you use and are available for the following categories:

  • Agricultural (Class A) 
  • Mosquito and Biting Fly Control (Class B) 
  • Structural (Class C-1) 
  • Structural Fumigation (Class C-2) 
  • ​Seed / Seed-Piece Treatment (Class D) 
  • Landscape (Class E) 
  • Forestry Herbicides (Class F-1) 
  • Reforestation (Class F-2)
  • Greenhouse (Class G) 
  • Soil Fumigation (Class H) 
  • Other (Class I) 

​Pesticide Purchase Permits and Pesticide Applicator Certificates are issued by the Department. 


Published date: 
August 2, 2023
Environment, Energy and Climate Action

General Inquiries

Department of Environment, Energy and Climate Action
4th Floor, Jones Building
11 Kent Street
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8

Phone: 902-368-5044
Toll-free: 1-866-368-5044
Fax: 902-368-5830
Report an Environmental Concern