Safer Drinking Tips (LRDG)
Drinking is a personal choice. If you choose to drink moderate your drinking by following these tips:
- Set limits for yourself and stick to them.
- Drink slowly. Have no more than 2 drinks in any 3 hours.
- For every drink of alcohol, have one non-alcoholic drink.
- Eat before and while you are drinking.
- Always consider your age, body weight and health problems that might suggest lower limits.
- While drinking may provide health benefits for certain groups of people, do not start to drink or increase your drinking for health benefits.
Low-risk drinking helps to promote a culture of moderation and supports healthy lifestyles.
For more information see Canada's Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Guidelines.
September 26, 2016