Skilled Workers Outside Canada
You can apply for a nomination for permanent residency through the Skilled Worker stream of the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) if you have a job offer from an Island employer. The PEI Skilled Worker stream is employer-driven, allowing Island employers to fill high-skilled positions that they are unable to fill through the local job market.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible to apply for the PEI Skilled Worker stream you must:
- have a full-time long-term (i.e. permanent or minimum of two years) job offer from a PEI employer in National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level 0, A, or B. Important note: Through this stream your employer must first make contact with our office and the job offer must be approved by our office prior to submitting an expression of interest profile;
- have legal status in country of residence;
- be able to attend an interview with staff from the Office, if required;
- have successfully completed a post-secondary degree or diploma (minimum two year program);
- be between the ages of 18 and 59;
- have at least two years of full-time work experience in the past five years;
- possess sufficient English and/or French language ability to perform the job offered. Language ability can be verified by one of the following:
- A language test from an IRCC approved testing institute within the past two years with a minimum score of CLB/NLCC 4; or
- Employer signed PEI PNP-L06 Employer Language Declaration; or
- Documents from an internationally recognized institution indicating that the principal language studied was in English or French.
- have sufficient financial resources for the applicant and family to pay all immigration costs (including travel expenses) to be able to establish in PEI; and
- demonstrate a genuine intention to settle in PEI.
How do I apply?
If you meet the eligibility criteria listed above you must first read the Labour Application Guide then you or your representative must create a profile in the Prince Edward Island Expression of Interest system. To create a profile you will be asked to provide a valid email address, and identification information including your passport details. Once your account has been verified, you will be able to proceed to complete your profile. Applicants can only have one active profile at any one time.
Your profile will remain active for a period of six months. You must ensure information provided in your profile is accurate and verifiable. If your situation changes prior to being invited to apply, you may update your profile. If your situation changes after being invited to apply you must contact the Office with the new information; this may impact the ultimate decision on your file. You can find additional information on the EOI points grid in the Labour Impact Application Guide .
An Expression of Interest is not an application, but an indication of your interest in being considered to apply to the PEI PNP Labour Impact Category. The Office reserves the right to limit intake or make exclusions from Expressions of Interest draws.
If you are invited to apply you will receive an email notification that will include your file and instructions for submission of your file. If you are invited to apply you must complete the application forms. Your employer must also complete the employer forms.
Information provided in the Expression of Interest Profile must be valid and verifiable. The Office of Immigration will compare information provided in application with the Expression of Interest Profile, if there is a discrepancy it may affect your ability to apply. Files that have been determined to contain misrepresentations may be ineligible to apply to the Office of Immigration for 2 years
The complete application package, along with the $300 application fee, can be submitted to the Office of Immigration in two ways:
In person at 94 Euston Street (2nd floor), Charlottetown, PEI; or
Courier or mail package to
Office of Immigration
94 Euston Street, 2nd Floor
PO Box 1176
Canada C1A 7M8
Do I have to pay a fee?
There is no fee to create an Expression of Interest. If you are selected for nomination by PEI, there is a non-refundable fee of $300 CAD which must be submitted with your application. The acceptable forms of payment are a bank draft, a certified cheque, or a money order made payable to Island Investment Development, Inc.
What forms do I need to fill out?
You must complete all applicable provincial forms listed below:
In addition, your employer must complete the following forms:
You must also complete all applicable federal forms from the Federal Application Package for Provincial Nominees
Do I have to use an immigration consultant or a lawyer?
No, you are not required to hire an immigration consultant for any immigration program to Canada.
If you choose to use an immigration consultant or a lawyer, they must be registered with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council, or be a lawyer in good standing with a provincial law society. The agent must be registered with the Office of Immigration prior to the submission of an application through this stream.
What happens after I am nominated?
After you receive a nomination you are responsible for submitting your Application for Permanent Residency to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) along with your nomination certificate. IRCC will then assess your application for admissibility factors. You can check processing times at IRCC on their website.
If you intend to start working in PEI while your permanent residency application is processing, PEI can issue a letter of support for a work permit, which you can use to apply for a work permit with IRCC.
If there are changes in your circumstances, such as family status, employment, contact information, etc., you must notify the Office of Immigration immediately. If any changes occur after nomination, you must notify the Office of Immigration and IRCC.
Who can I contact to ask questions?
You can check the status of your Expression of Interest by logging in to the Prince Edward Island Expression of Interest system.
Forward questions related to the Skilled Worker stream to email@example.com or call (902) 620-3628.