Islanders invited to give budget feedback online, in person
Islanders have several opportunities to help shape the province's upcoming 2018-19 operating budget.
Finance Minister Allen Roach will host pre-budget consultations in Alberton on January 10, Summerside on January 11, Charlottetown on January 16, and Montague on January 18 -- call (902) 368-5501 to pre-register.
Islanders can also submit their feedback (until February 16) by:
- web at www.princeedwardisland.ca/prebudget;
- Facebook @govpe, or by using the hashtag #peiprebudget2018; and
- e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Pre-budget consultations are an important part of the budgetary process and we want to hear from Islanders about what is most important to them," Minister Roach said. "We are managing taxpayer dollars wisely and are committed to engaging Islanders as we move forward to a more sustainable fiscal framework, in the context of a growing economy."
The provincial government is on track for a balanced budget in 2018-19. A balanced budget enables government to strengthen investment in key areas like health and education while investing in programs and services that matter most to Islanders.
For this year's pre-budget consultations, Islanders are invited to comment specifically on topics in the 2017 Speech from the Throne, including:
- a growing and engaged population;
- an increasingly diversified economy;
- strong communities and modern infrastructure;
- clean energy and a sustainable environment;
- a healthy population; and
- addressing poverty.
For more information and to submit feedback, visit www.princeedwardisland.ca/prebudget.