All webforms will be unavailable on Tuesday, May 17, 2022 between 7:00am – 8:00am for 1 hour for scheduled maintenance.
File a Municipal Election Summary Report
This is the form to file a municipal Election Summary Report in PEI. All municipalities are required to file an Election Summary Report after every municipal election or by-election.
Who files the Election Summary Report?
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) of the municipality must file the report.
When does the CAO file the Election Summary Report?
The Municipal Electoral Officer will inform the CAO of the elected candidates. The CAO has to file the report within 10 days of receiving this information.
The council was elected by acclamation, does a report need to be filed?
Yes. The CAO must file an Election Summary Report. There is a space to record that the candidates were elected by acclamation.
What information does the CAO need to file the report?
The Election Summary Report requires the following:
- Municipal contact information
- Names of all nominated candidates for mayor and councillor
- The number of votes for each candidate
- The name and address of the candidate elected or acclaimed as mayor
- The name and address of each candidate elected or acclaimed as councillor
The Municipal Electoral Officer will provide the CAO with a statement of the number of votes for each candidate.