Board of Examiners of Land Surveyors
The purpose of the Board is to ensure that the examinations being conducted for those seeking to become Land Surveyors are carried out within the regulations and standards outlined in the Land Surveyors Act.
What is the function of the board?
The Board, with the approval of the Lieutenant Governor in Council, may make regulations respecting:
- (a) the educational and other competency qualifications to be possessed by candidates for certificates and for surveyors-in-training;
- (b) the subjects for examination of candidates for certificates;
- (c) examinations and the duties and functions of examiners; and
- (d) such other matters as the Board considers necessary or advisable to perform its functions or exercise its powers.
Primary Role: Non-adjudicative
Material Role: Advisory
How many people are on the board?
The Board shall consist of:
- (a) the Deputy Minister or a member of the Department appointed by the Deputy Minister;
- (b) two persons appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council, at least one of whom is a member of the Association of Land Surveyors; and
- (c) two members of the Association appointed by the Association of Land Surveyors.
What are the requirements of board members?
Work & Experience Requirements
Dependant on the position sought.
What are the nomination requirements?
Statutory Nomination Requirements
The Lieutenant Governor in Council shall appoint two members.
Will I be paid?
What is the time commitment of the board?
Annual meeting, with special meetings called by Chair.
|Name||County||Term Start||Term End|
|Ed Power||Sept 2, 2015||at pleasure|
|Alan Aitken||Jan 8, 2008||at pleasure|
|Brian Potter||Sept 2, 2015||at pleasure|
|Paul Godfrey||Sept 2, 2015||at pleasure|
|Carl G. MacDonald||May 5, 1998||at pleasure|
|Mark Wight||June 22, 2021||at pleasure|
How can I apply?
If you would like to serve as a member of a provincial government agency, board, or commission (ABC) you can apply online through Engage PEI.