Dalhousie University Department of Family Medicine Postgraduate Program - Faculty Development Coordinator
Purpose of the Position
Reporting to the Site Director of Dalhousie Family Medicine and the Dalhousie Family Medicine Faculty Development Director, the Faculty Development Coordinator works with the Dalhousie Family Medicine (DFM) Faculty Development Committee to ensure that local faculty acquire the skills needed to effective educators for Family Medicine trainees. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to communicate complex information, problem solve and work collaboratively as part of a team.
36 months (three years), renewable once
Up to 156 hours annually remunerated at the Class III Family Physicians of the Master Agreement
- Determine the faculty development (FD) needs of local faculty through discussion, input from site director, program needs (e.g. accreditation results), strategic plan direction or survey results;
- Select faculty development topics and appropriate speakers/presenters to deliver relevant FD sessions to the local faculty, including:
- Developing objectives for these sessions.
- Keeping attendance and evaluations based on the objectives for sessions.
- Reporting the attendance and evaluations to the Family Medicine Faculty Development Director.
- Requesting accreditation credits where appropriate for any FD sessions.
- Actively participate as a member of the FD Committee in maintaining educational resources online and sharing any appropriate materials developed for DFM workshops or presentations;
- Support new faculty with orientation to their role and the faculty development resources available to them;
- Liaise with your site cabinet representatives to identify areas for faculty development;
- Participate in committee work as required by the program or site director, e.g site executive committee meetings;
- Complete the DFM Faculty Development Teaching Certificate;
- When feasible attend the following:
- The DFM Faculty Development Workshop;
- The annual Section of Teachers Meeting at the Family Medicine Forum; and
- Other appropriate faculty development sessions.
- Must have a Medical Degree from a recognized medical school, with a Family Medicine Certification;
- Ongoing maintenance with the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) is required;
- Must hold a Dalhousie University Faculty Appointment in the Department of Family Medicine at time of appointment;
- Must have a valid license (or eligibility for same) to practice medicine in PEI; and
- Must have engaged in family medicine practice and be currently on staff with a facility associated with the site.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting Posting ID PSS-PDH-P-01, to email@example.com.
Note: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Notice to all external applicants: All new hires are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination before their start date as per Health PEI’s COVID-19 Immunization and Management Policy. In the event that a new hire is unable to be vaccinated as a result of a medical exemption, they will be required to submit supporting documentation to Employee Health/Wellness and Safety.