Experienced Nurse Practitioners - Nursing Recruitment Incentive Program
The PEI Nursing Recruitment Incentive Program provides incentives to experienced Nurse Practitioners to fill designated in high-demand vacancies within Health PEI.
Who is eligible for the PEI Nursing Recruitment Incentive Program for Experienced Nurse Practitioners?
Nurse Practitioners who:
- have graduated with a Masters Degree in Nursing as a Nurse Practitioner or have graduated from an approved and recognized Nurse Practitioner program.
- are not current residents of Prince Edward Island;
- are legally entitled to work in Canada;
- have experience working as a Nurse Practitioner;
- are not employees of Health PEI nor the Province of Prince Edward Island, at the time of application; and
- are eligible for registration as a Nurse Practitioner with the College of Registered Nurses of Prince Edward Island.
What is the financial incentive?
A one-time financial of incentive of $15,000, payable in three instalments of $5,000, is available.
Is there a return-in-service commitment?
Yes, there is a three year return-in-service agreement that must be signed by the applicant and the employer prior to the commencement of work.
What in high-demand vacancies exist?
These financial incentives only apply to positions designated by Health PEI as in high-demand. Applicable postings are clearly identified at Nursing Job Opportunities.
You can apply for designated Nurse Practitioner in high-demand positions online at Jobs PEI. You will need to complete these steps to submit an on-line application:
- Identify the competition number(s) for the position of interest;
- Create a Jobs PEI account using a valid email address and contact information; and
- Apply for the designated Nurse Practitioner opportunities by competition number using your Jobs PEI account.
Contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat of PEI for more information about employment opportunities and the Nursing Recruitment Incentive Program for Experienced Nurse Practitioners.