The PEI Emergency Measures Organization works closely with government departments, communities and partner agencies to coordinate preparedness, response and recovery for severe events throughout Prince Edward Island. Here, you will find helpful contacts and information to help you stay safe and informed.
Follow us on social media for updates
Get information on delays and closures:
- Subscribe to receive provincial government alerts and notices
- Follow Public Schools Branch and La Commission scolaire de langue française de l'Î.-P.-É. for updates on school delays or closures.
- Check out the Health PEI Storm Centre for updates on any delays or cancellations
- Through https://511.gov.pe.ca you can create an account, save customized route information and choose alerts for construction, road closures, traffic incidents and road conditions that may impact travel. You can also choose to receive notifications by email or text.
- Report provincial road issues by text message (with photos) to:
Get your information from reliable sources
- Environment Canada
- Maritime Electric
- Summerside Electric
- CBC News
- Saltwire News
- Eastern Graphic
- West Prince Graphic
- Listen to radio stations for updates:
PEI Emergency Measures Organization
Programs and Supports
- Mental Health
- Reception Centres - It is important to contact your municipality to find out if centre is open and to confirm hours of operation.
- Any person in need of temporary shelter due to damage to their home or rental from Hurricane Fiona can contact the Red Cross at: 1-800-863-6582.
- The Shelter Support Line continues to support people experiencing homelessness or housing insecurity and in need of temporary emergency shelter. Call 1-833-220-4722, anytime 24/7 or dial 2-1-1 to be connected to the Shelter Support Line.
Important Contact Information
- General Government Inquiries
- Ambulance, Fire and Police 911
- Health Information and Advice 811
- Social and Community Supports 211
- Addiction Services 1-888-299-8399
- Mental Health and Addictions 1-833-553-6983
- Child Protection Services
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868
- PEI Family Violence Prevention Crisis and Support Line/Anderson House 1-800-240-9894
- Reporting Road Problems During an Emergency
- Emergency Insurance Claims
- Mental Health & Addictions Support During an Emergency
- Fire Prevention Measures
- Generator Fire Prevention and Safety Tips
- Drinking water safety after a power outage
- Food Safety During a Power Outage
- Reception Centres
- Helping children and teens cope