The PEI Emergency Measures Organization is working closely across government departments, communities and partner agencies to coordinate disaster recovery efforts. Here, you will find helpful contacts and information to help you stay safe and informed during large weather events.
Follow us on social media for updates
Get information on delays and closures:
- Subscribe to receive provincial government alerts and notices
- Follow Public Schools Branch and La Commission scolaire de langue française de l'Î.-P.-É. for updates on school delays or closures.
- Check out the Health PEI Storm Centre for updates on any delays or cancellations
- Through https://511.gov.pe.ca you can create an account, save customized route information and choose alerts for construction, road closures, traffic incidents and road conditions that may impact travel. You can also choose to receive notifications by email or text.
- Report provincial road issues by text message (with photos) to:
- Kings County 902-200-2122
- Queens County 902-200-6649
- Prince County 902-200-1014
Get your information from reliable sources
- Environment Canada - weather.gc.ca/canada_e.html
- Maritime Electric - maritimeelectric.com
- Summerside Electric - summerside.ca/residents/electricity
Listen to radio stations for updates:
- CBC Radio (96.1, 104.7)
- MBS Radio (CFCY 95.1, Q93, Spud 102)
- Stingray Radio (Ocean 100, Hot 105.5)
- Radio-Canada 88.1
PEI Emergency Measures Organization
Programs and Supports
- Hurricane Fiona Fisheries, Aquaculture and Seafood Processors Support
- Hurricane Fiona Supports for PEI Agriculture
- Mental Health
- Reception Centres - It is important to contact your municipality to find out if centre is open and to confirm hours of operation.
- Any person in need of temporary shelter due to damage to their home or rental from Hurricane Fiona can contact the Red Cross at: 1-800-863-6582.
- The Shelter Support Line continues to support people experiencing homelessness or housing insecurity and in need of temporary emergency shelter. Call 1-833-220-4722, anytime 24/7 or dial 2-1-1 to be connected to the Shelter Support Line.
March 30, 2023