Sexual Health Services
Sexual Health After-Hours Walk-in Clinics, as well as visits in Souris, O'Leary and Alberton will be cancelled until further notice.
The following essential services will continue to be provided: Contraception, Prenatal Care and Abortion Care. As well, Maternal Mental Health Services will continue via telephone consult.
If you require a pregnancy test or condoms, call 1-844-365-8258 and the Women's Wellness & Sexual Health Services Program can mail them to you, if needed.
If you have an urgent reproductive or sexual health concern, there are clinical staff available to discuss the concern over the phone. Please be patient as staffing is limited during this time.
Sexual Health and COVID-19 (CATIE)
Sexual Health Services are provided through the Women’s Wellness Program to Islanders of all genders, orientations and ages at various sites across PEI. To access safe, confidential and supportive services, call 1-844-365-8258 (toll-free).
What services are offered?
Sexual health services include:
- Sexual health education and counselling;
- Sexually transmitted infection screening and treatment;
- Birth control counselling and prescriptions;
- Pregnancy counselling, testing and support; and
- Abortion services (medical abortion and surgical abortion).
Will I need a referral?
No. You can book all services yourself, including abortion services and an IUD insertion. Call 1-844-365-8258 (toll-free) to make an appointment or to speak with a staff member.
Please note: If you call and there is no answer; please leave your name and number. When a staff member returns your call, your telephone caller ID will indicate a ‘Private Number’.
What do I need to bring with me to my appointment?
- Identification: All patients and support persons need to provide a photo ID. Patients will also be required to have a valid PEI Health Card.
- Information: You may also be asked about your personal health history and medications you are currently taking. If you are taking medications, bring them with you or bring an up-to-date list of your medications [PDF | 609 KB], including over the counter vitamins or supplements.
- Support Person: You can bring a support person who may accompany you to your appointment, but they may be asked to sit in the waiting area in certain circumstances. Please talk to a staff member to learn about your options.
Who can I contact for more information?
Women’s Wellness Program & Sexual Health Services
Prince County Hospital
65 Roy Boates Avenue
Summerside, PE C1N 2A9
Telephone: 1-844-365-8258 (toll-free)