Solar Electric Rebate Program
efficiencyPEI's Solar Electric Rebate Program provides incentives for Island homeowners, farms and businesses to install solar PV panels.
Solar Photovoltaic (PV) is a technology that converts sunlight into electricity. The use of solar energy can lower energy bills for Islanders, working hand-in-hand with other efficiency upgrades.
Solar incentives will help reduce greenhouse gas emissions by over 500 tonnes annually and create around 20 spin-off jobs in our renewable energy sector.
efficiencyPEI's solar incentives make solar power more affordable than ever.
The program provides the following incentives:
- $1,000/kilowatt installed for homes
- $350/kilowatt installed for businesses and farms
- Up to 40% of installed costs - up to $10,000
Financing is available through Finance PEI.
Steps to Apply
- Confirm eligibility (see Terms and Conditions on application form).
- Select an approved efficiencyPEI Solar PV Installer from the Network of Excellence.
- Fill out the application form completely and send to efficiencyPEI with your most recent electric bill. Incomplete information may delay your rebate.
- Wait for your Letter of Acceptance before commencing with work.
- Collect dated sales receipts showing work completed and mail original copies of dated receipt(s) to:
69 Belvedere Avenue, Suite 1 B01
PO Box 2000
Prince Edward Island
or drop off in person to:
69 Belvedere Avenue, Charlottetown
120 Heather Moyse Drive, Summerside
Any Access PEI location.
This incentive program is cost-shared with the Government of Canada under the Low Carbon Economy Leadership Fund.
For additional information on solar in Canada, check out the following resources: